The new engineering and service centre of Diehl Aviation has just started its operation in Debrecen.
The unit of the aviation division of the German Diehl Gruppe corporate group is going to provide the own internal divisions of the mother company with business services to extend these to external clients, too, on the long term. Creating 150 new jobs of high added value, this investment is the second one to be opened in Hungary by this German corporation after its Nyírbátor site where cabin elements and airplane parts are manufactured.
Founded in 1902, the family-owned Diehl group is seated in Nuremberg. The group, which has five main divisions (Metal, Controls, Defence, Aviation, Metering), has as many as 17,100 employees to develop, produce and distribute its products in 92 venues worldwide. Their price revenue reached EUR 3.75 billion in the last year.
The Hungarian unit belonging to Diehl Aviation is the plant operating in Nyírbátor from 2011 where cabin elements and other parts are produced for Airbus A320, A330, A350 and A380 airplanes. The company keeps on developing the site. The recent expansion announced in June 2017 includes the creation of 230 new jobs, apart from the purchase of new buildings and machinery.
In cooperation with the German units, the Debrecen engineering centre opened just now is going to focus on post-manufacturing service tasks and the 150 new employees shall be primarily engaged in the support of purchase, client support, programme management and financial activities, in cooperation with the University of Debrecen.
The expansion of Diehl Aviation signals the fact that Hungary made a step forward and became a location to be considered for “Invented in Hungary” type investments producing higher added value for international corporations, after the “Made in Hungary” type projects which focus on manufacturing.